Information that we collect
We respect your privacy and collect as little information from you as possible in order to conduct an orderly business.
We collect information from you when you purchase a license, when you use the Premium version of our software, and when you communicate with us:
- When making a purchase on our site, you will be asked to enter your name, billing address and email address, which will be stored along with your Internet address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- When using the licensed Premium version of our software, we will collect data about it: version, license information and a one way hash of a combination of machine identifiers.
- When contacting us for help, we may ask you for more information about your hardware and software.
What we use the information for
Any of the information we collect may be used:
- To improve our website.
- To improve our software.
- To process transactions. (Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other person or company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To prevent and fight fraudulent uses of our software.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. (The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information).
- Your company name and/or logo may be used for promotional purposes, unless and until you tell us in writing not to.
How we protect your information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers’ database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. These payment gateway providers (Stripe) are PCI-certified.
Your credit card information is never sent to or stored on our servers.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, analytics, advertising or other uses.
Our payment providers (Stripe) store your payment information and other information about you. Their respective privacy policies are linked to their names here. We may add or remove payment providers at any time.
How long your information will be kept
For licensed users of our software, licensing information and matching email address and names will be stored indefinitely, unless you explicitly request us to delete it. (Such deletion will make it impossible to continue using the licensed Premium software product.)
Information no longer needed to conduct our business or support our software and customers will be deleted periodically.
Cookies are used to store your session data during checkout when making a purchase.
Cookies are used to identify you, when you post comments.
Cookies are sometimes used for analytics or referral information.
You have the following rights regarding the information we collect from you:
- Right of access to personal data (name, billing address, email, internet address, licensing information).
- Right to rectification of personal data held, where it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of erasure of personal data. (If you request such erasure, your license will be revoked and you will not be able to use EDAP Tools Premium any more.)
For security and privacy reasons, if you wish to contact us regarding these rights, you must do so via the email address that was provided to us when you made your order. If you no longer have access to this address, you will have to provide alternative proof of your identity and that you are indeed the original licensee.
This policy was last modified on February 3, 2021.